Friday, November 1, 2013

Nesting

My whole life of late suddenly can be explained in one word: Nesting.

http://www.parentingweekly.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-symptoms/nesting-instinct.htm

While I am happy to say I have not been irrationally throwing away sheets and towels or scrubbing knob screws, I have spent the last couple of weeks arranging furniture, watching Ryan arrange furniture, bursting into tears when said furniture arrangement doesn't work out as pictured in my head, bursting into tears again when Ryan comes up with a perfect solution and makes the whole room look perfect, scrubbing hard water off the shower, the tub, the shower walls, the bathroom sink, the counters, scrubbing miniscule yellow spots off the walls, scraping age-old burned food out of the recess under the stove burners, soaking stove burner trays in vinegar and water to remove burned stains, even though we cover them with aluminum foil, sweeping the kitchen floor, scrubbing the table and chairs with Pine Sol, scrubbing the kitchen linoleum on hands and knees twice to remove all stains, feeling an irrational need to climb up a ladder and scrub the windows and only barely being able to restrain myself (does anyone know where I can get a long-handled sponge/squeegee for scrubbing windows? It's my only hope...)....... and the list goes on.....

This is what happens when I only work part-time for five months before the baby is due to arrive... Up next: spot cleaning carpets, vacuuming couches, scrubbing walls throughout the house, vacuuming out closets and cupboards and window tracks, cleaning the furnace closet, the refrigerator, the microwave, the oven (without toxic cleaners, of course) and of course the shoe-shaped spot on the ceiling where Ryan smashed a spider once....

Can't wait for Baby Sommerfeldt to get here and restore rational living habits and normal behavior... as if going on low sleep for weeks on end is going to restore normal behavior... but we absolutely can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment